Whats With… Fake Fur?

Whether Really To Earn Money In Stock Market

http://adelaidedivewreck.com/?option=Golden-Capital-Forex Golden Capital Forex

watch Pre Market Stock Futures

So far, so bonkers. However, the second defining feature of this season’s take on fur is far more shocking; A/W’s fur is *gasp* fake! Apart from a few rogues such as Stella McCartney3, most designers wouldn’t previously even think to make space for the fake. But black is white and up is down, and lo, Fashion hath spoken, and decreed that what last season would have been dismissed as tacky and really rather *sniff* cheap, is now the pinnacle of fashion forwardness. Maybe we shouldn’t credit designers with too many moral principles here; maybe again it’s all just down to that fabric mix-up, or maybe in these straitened times they simply couldn’t afford the acres of real skins necessary for yeti ensembles.

Anyway, this season’s penchant for the fake heralds good news all round. It’s good news for designers, who can claim ethical forward thinking, while cutting costs and avoiding any of those pesky PETA protestors. Sometimes not all publicity is good publicity, after all. It’s good news for us mere mortals who can’t dress head-to-toe in labels, as fake generally equates to more accessible. It’s cheaper, and prolifically and convincingly copied by the high street. Nina Ricci fakes it, New Look fakes it; to the untrained eye it could all pass as much of a muchness. Lastly, of course, it’s good news for little furry animals. Faking it is considerably more palatable for those who would rather go naked than wear clothes with connotations of electrocution and anal probes. If you fall into this camp, then congratulations, your morals aren’t hopelessly unstylish anymore! You can now happily indulge your primeval urge for caveman chic, knowing that no animals were harmed in the making of these clothes. Just don’t call it fake; faux, teddy bear, or best of all, fantasy, are all suitably pretentious instead. Kaiser Karl would approve.

Comments